6-6 • 250 • Jr. • College Park, Ga.
• Newton completed 16-of-21 passes for 158 yards and two
touchdowns and rushed for a team-high 176 yards on 25 carries
and three touchdowns in Auburn's 35-27 win over #12/15
• Newton accounted for 334 yards of total offense and five
touchdowns. Of his 46 offensive plays, only six did not gain
any yardage and only one lost yardage.
• 11 of his 25 rushing attempts were for first downs and also
threw for eight first downs, making him responsible for 19 of
Auburn's 29 first downs in the game.
• Newton is the first quarterback in school history to throw for
two or more TDs in the first four games this season. He is also
the only player in the SEC this season to have two 170+ rushing
6-2 • 206 • So. • Foley, Ala.
• Lester recorded seven total tackles (five solos) and a career-high
two interceptions in Alabama's 24-20 win at #10/11
• Lester's second interception of the game came at the 4:40
mark in the fourth quarter at the Arkansas 45-yard line and
was returned 33 yards to the Arkansas 12-yard line to set up
the Tide's game-winning touchdown.
• His first interception of the game was in the second quarter
in the endzone to stop an Arkansas drive.
• The Alabama defense held Arkansas to 15 points under its
season average (35.3 points) with just three coming in the
• Lester's four interceptions leads the SEC and tied for second
in the NCAA.
Return Specialist / Cornerback
6-1 • 222 • Jr. • Pompano Beach, Fla.
• Peterson returned a punt 60 yards for a touchdown and partially
blocked a field goal in LSU's 20-14 win over #22/21 West
• He also had a 26-yard punt return that gave LSU possession
at the WVU 37-yard line.
• The 60-yard punt return for a score came in the second quarter
and gave LSU a 17-0 lead.
• Peterson's partially blocked field goal came in the first quarter
on a 28-yard attempt.
• Peterson had one tackle on defense as LSU held West
Virginia to just 177 yards of total offense.
• He leads the SEC with 28.1 yards per punt return and
became the first Tiger to have multiple punt returns for a TD
since 2003 (had 87-yarder for TD against North Carolina).
6-6 • 305 • Sr. • Columbus, Miss.
• Sherrod helped pave the way for Mississippi State to gain
314 total offensive yards and gave up no sacks in the
Bulldogs' 24-12 win against Georgia.
• The Bulldog offensive line controlled the second half, with
five drives lasting a total of 19:21.
• Three of the five second-half drives went for 10-plays or
more, all lasting more than five minutes of clock. In the two
other drives, one was a touchdown and the other ran out the
• The Bulldog offense has eclipsed the 100-yard rushing mark
in all four games this season and 15 of the last 16 contests.
6-4 • 297 • Sr. • Pompano Beach, Fla.
• Blanc recorded a season-best seven total tackles (three
solos) and one fumble recovery in Auburn's 35-27 win over
#12/15 South Carolina.
• Blanc's fumble recovery led to a touchdown drive in the
fourth quarter that gave the Tigers a 35-27 lead.
• He helped lead an Auburn defensive line that held South
Carolina to just 79 yards rushing, 119 yards below the
Gamecocks season average (198.3).
Quarterback / Wide Receiver
6-2 • 222 • Venice, Fla.
• Burton scored an SEC freshman record six total touchdowns
in Florida's 48-14 win against Kentucky.
• The six scores are one shy of the national freshman record
and the SEC single-game record of seven.
• Burton surpassed the Florida record for most touchdowns in
a single game, topping Tim Tebow's mark of five set in 1997.
• Burton scored touchdowns on all five of his rushing
attempts (40 yards total) and caught an 11-yard TD pass as
• He was 1-for-1 passing for 42 yards and caught five passes
for 37 yards.